Employee and department management
Resources appear in the left-hand column of the scheduling area. You can create as many human or material resources as you like (as a function of the number of levels that you decide to create).
The various types of resource that can be created in the planning tool are:
- Human resources (names of employees, labourers, etc.)
- Material resources (vehicles, rooms, equipment of all sorts, etc.)
- “To plan” resources (for all, as yet, unassigned tasks)
Creating resources in the on-line planning software
From the PlanningPME Web Access home page, go to the menu "Data" -> "Resource".
To set up a new resource, click on “Add”.
To modify a resource, double click on the resource name.
To delete a resource, select it (left click) and then click on “Delete”.
In the resource window, the following information may be added:
The type of resource: human, material or “To plan”
Assign a colour for both background and text.
Assign the resource to a department.
Add any other information as necessary.
Details of the “To plan” resource type
What is the purpose of a resource “To plan”?
All tasks in the "To plan" category will appear in the schedule irrespective of the viewing mode (daily, weekly, etc.)
Such resources are a sort of “Post-it” line, a reminder, allowing you to display all tasks waiting to be assigned.
When you know to whom you will assign the task, a simple ‘drag and drop’ with the mouse will assign the task to the resource concerned.
NB: There can be as many “To plan” tasks ready for resources as you like.
A “To plan” resource can be ‘fixed’. Tasks do not move automatically in the schedule. They appear only on the planned dates.
From the menu "Resource" you may sort resources using the “Ranking” button:
Ascending order/Descending order
Resources will then be listed in ascending or descending alphabetical order. Click on “Apply the ranking” to save this choice.
Drag and Drop
You may also select a resource and move it around the screen using the mouse.
Grouping resources by department
It is possible to create departments (sales, accounting, technical, etc.) and then, from the general scheduling window you can apply a filter so that only specified single or several departments are displayed, thus improving readability.
From the menu "Data", "Department", click on "Add" or modify an existing department: Then select the resources to be assigned to that department and click on "Save".
An alternative way of assigning resources to a department is to:
Select the department(s) for the resource directly from the resource list in the drop-down menu.
Displaying a department in the schedule
Scroll down the “department” Filter and choose the required department. Only those resources belonging to that department will appear on the screen:
If you do not see the filter, it may be activated from the "Filter" Icon -> Department
Weekly hourly profile by resource
Create time profiles
It is possible to create weekly time profiles different for each employee. Visually, non-worked time slots will appear tinted grey in the schedule.
From the Data -> Timetables menu, you will be able to add, modify or delete weekly time profiles.
Enter the label/name for your time profile and then the schedules for your employees.
If the time slots for your employees are the same week in week out, tick the box “Define the capacity as a function of the time slots”
If the time slots for your employees vary from one week to the next, tick the box “Define the capacity as a function of the number of hours”.
Don’t forget to click on the “Save” button to record the new time profile.
Assign time profiles to your resourcesFrom the general view, click on a human resource present in the left column to open the card of the resource then go to the "Timetables" tab.
Select a time profile for the resource or leave the default profile.
Masking a resource in the scheduling area
If a person no longer works in the company but you wish to keep a record of the tasks the person has carried out, you may mask that person from view by selecting "Mask this resource on the schedule" in the person’s information record.
- Make and have access to your online planning
- Manage employees and facilities
- Schedule events, appointments and leaves
- Import your data into the planning tool.
- Customise information displayed on the task
- Select time scale periods and filter data
- Create users with specific access rights
- Make your daily activities easy-to-schedule thanks to those features
- Creating events
- Auto-completion/intuitive data entry
- Assigning an event to several resources
- Managing recurring events
- Modifying an event
- Splitting an event
- Breaking down an event into complete days
- Preventing event modification
- Forcing the creation of an event
- Deleting an event
- All-day events or events in hours
- Assign a duration to your events
- Assign an allocation percentage
- Event options
- Activate the contexts
- Customize your context list
- Create contexts on the schedule
- Modify / Cancel / Copy a context
- Creation of events within a context
- Select the information displayed on the schedule
- Filter the schedule by context
- User access management
- Rename "Context" with your own words
- Why use the “client” function?
- How to activate the "Clients” function in PlanningPME Web Access
- Adding, modifying and deleting clients
- Associating a client with a task/Assigning a client to a task
- Creating, viewing or modifying a client record in the working window
- Client views and filters
- Importing your client database
- Auto-completion: intuitive data entry
- Access rules defined by user